Saturday, April 25, 2009

Retirement Planning

During my trip to Kuala Lumpur and i met a taxi driver who born in the year of 1941, and i saw him very old then i asked him "Hai! uncle, DO you have children?" he answered me ' Yes, three boys' then i replied him like this "if each of your son give you RM200 then you should be no need to work", he asked me back "How many kid do you have?" then i answered him that 'i have two kids', then he said 'when they are working and each of them give you money, you also no need to work'. He asked me back 'Suppose each of your kids give you RM200 and one of them didn't give you on that particular month, how are you going to live?'

What is the message here? We are living in the high inflation and spending power, low interest era, money is never enough for everyone of us unless we are having a proper financial planning and spending habits. During a coffee talk with my friends, some of them said we don't know what will happen tomorrow, so we no need to worry so much about tomorrow. However, if i know i will strike RM1million tomorrow and do i need to know how many ticket i need to buy? and if i don't have enough money who should i borrow if order to get that RM1 million?

I am every amazing when i talk to a young guy and he told me that he would like to retire at the age of 40 and i asked him, how? then he told me his plan how he going to achieve his dream. For me it doesn't matter whether he can achieve it or not but what impressed me is he have a dream and a plan to achieve his dream. Question come across my mind, i am starting working at the age of 25 and if i would like to retire at the age of 55, and live up to 75 years old. Meaning to say, i work for 30 years to accumulate my wealth and spend it for 20 years. How much do i need? and it all depend on what type of lifestyle do i want when i am retire.

My recent trip to China and Hong Kong i saw a lot of old folks worked as early as 6am in the morning. Question come across my mind "What can i do if i am living there?", 'Can i compete with them"?

"Nobody plan to fail but a lot of us fail to plan"

No comments:

Post a Comment